A Look at Dentists That Make the Most Money
Here’s What You Need to Know About Dentists That Make the Most Money
How much money a dentist earns depends on his or her educational background, experience, specialization and how they bill procedures. There are different specialties of dentists on the market. If you are curious as to which specialty of dentist makes the most money, you have come to the right place. This article provides an in-depth look and information on dentists that make the most money.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons top the charts as the dentists that make the most money in the country. These professionals make an average of $242,370 per year – which may depend on the qualifications and experience of the dental surgeon. They perform some of the most invasive dental procedures. The surgeon will examine the wisdom teeth of the patient and remove any non-restorable teeth. They perform dental surgeries to prepare patients for larger dental appliances. Oral and maxillofacial surgeons perform operations on the tissues of the mouth and maxillofacial region of the head. They treat injuries, diseases, and defects in these areas. These surgeons will diagnose and perform surgery to improve the function and appearance of their patients.
- Orthodontists are also high-paying specialized dentists in the industry. These professionals make an average of $225,760 per year. They are responsible for fitting braces and other dental appliances in the patient’s mouth. Orthodontists perform more invasive procedures compared to other dental professionals in the industry. These professionals perform serious dental surgeries like root canals. Orthodontists will look for abnormalities like misaligned teeth and jaws in the mouth of the patient.
- Prosthodontists are another category of dentists who are highly paid for what they do. These professionals make an average of $191,400 a year. These are the dental professionals who construct oral prostheses needed to replace the missing teeth of their patients. Their work differs from the work of dental laboratory technicians (professionals who construct dental models) because they construct the actual prostheses that would go into the patient’s mouth.
- A General Dentist makes around $175,840 a year. These professionals will help patients to keep their teeth clean. They will perform routine check-ups and cleaning by examining the teeth and gums of the patient. A general dentist will use surgical tools to perform a number of dental procedures. That’s where they differ from dental hygienists. For example, a general dentist will perform tooth extractions and removals.
- Dental Hygienists can earn around $75,500 per year. They are the professionals who clean the patient’s teeth and examine the mouths for signs of oral disease. They use dental instruments to stains and plaque from the teeth and gums of the patient. You need to have an associate degree to become a dental hygienist.
- Dental Laboratory Technicians earn at least $43,180 a year. These professionals will construct and repair dental appliances by using models that are made from the patient’s mouth. The model created by the technician should mimic the movement and bite of the patient’s jaw. This will help determine the design of the dental product they create.
- Dental Assistants make around $39,770 a year. These professionals assist the dentist in many tasks such as preparing patients for treatments, setting up equipment, and recording the dental history of the patient. A vocational school degree is the only requirement for you to become a laboratory technician.
Depending on if you have a current issue and need to go into a practice to get treated, or if you’re simply looking to determine what type of career path lies ahead – you should consider visiting your local dentist and getting their inpurt. With hundreds of dentists operating in any given city, finding the best dentist isn’t easy. There are many things to consider when doing so. Needless to say, your reserach will play an important role in either case.
Summary of Dentists That Make the Most Money
If you’re already a practicing dentist who owns their own practice and are looking for more ways on how you can make the most money with the procedures that you do it would be in your best interest to Register for our FREE Educational Webinar. In this webinar we’ll not only cover how becoming medicare certified could help your practice thrive but also the 3 mega-trends that can make or break your career. Register to learn more.