HHS fund for Dentists 2020: How to be eligible for funding?
Are you looking for more information on the HHS fund for Dentists? You may now apply for this helpful fund if you were ineligible for the previous phase.
You may get funding from the Department of Health and Human Services’ Provider Relief Fund. Health Resources and Services Administration manages this funding source for dental professionals in consultation with The American Dental Association. If you are entitled to this funding, you may get a reimbursement of up to 2% of your patient revenue.
Due to the pandemic, the dental professionals needed funding and aid; the ADA council has risen to this critical requirement and advocated this essential funding for dentists. The dental community appreciates this measure to eliminate the sufferings of dental specialists. You need to apply earlier through the Enhanced Provider Relief Fund Payment Portal.
HHS fund eligibility criteria:
Here are the eligibility criteria for dentists to apply for the HHS fund for Dentists. If you fulfill the terms and conditions, you may visit the application portal mentioned above and apply for funding.
- The dentists providing services related to Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Plans / Medicaid managed care programs from January 1, 2018, to December 31, 2019.
- If you are the owner of a health facility that bills the state Medicaid/CHIP programs or Medicaid managed care plans and has provided services during the said period.
- If you provide oral health care services or have a facility that works under the health insurance companies
- You are a licensed health service proverb but do not accept insurance. You bill the patients for your oral health services.
HHS fund requirements
To be eligible for the HHS fund for Dentists you need to make sure you fufill and meet all their requirements. Here are the requirements:
- It would help if you were not a receiver of general Medicare distribution funding.
- You should be an active federal income tax filer for 2017, 2018, and 2019 or you should be exempted from income tax requirements. It would help if you were not an owner who needs to file returns if you are a healthcare facility.
- You should be providing healthcare services for dental after January 31.
- You have not retired from providing services. If your facility ceased to operate during a pandemic, you are eligible.
- If you are an individual service provider and reported the dental revenues on form 1045
HHS will use taxpayer-identification to determine the entitlement. If you are not on the list, the HHS will validate your eligibility. You need to meet other requirements that include an excellent professional standing and not restricted from receiving federal findings. When you are filling forms for the HHS fund for Dentists, don’t use dashes. It will result in incorrect processing.
If you were receiving Medicare general distribution or the Medicaid and CHIP distribution, no matter whether you were rejected or reimbursed, you should not apply for this funding. You may become eligible for future funding. There are appeals for eligibility restriction abolishment.
Don’t wait for your HHS fund to be approved and instead, know more about how you will scale your practice. We want to share with you our free 43-page report. Learn the secrets and earn more.